Thursday, October 20, 2011

Recycled glass necklaces

Lots of lovely new wire-wrapped pendants are finally going up for sale! I'll be listing small groupings of them everyday, and I'm excited (and a bit nervous) to see what kind of interest is generated. 

If you're interested, the back-story of the pendants can be found here. I hope to eventually buy my very own tumbler so I can create a wider variety of pendants. Especially since the "recycling" center here is super picky about the type of glass they accept. I have a stash of empty wine bottles that I would love to tumble up! Plus, smashing glass bottles is fantastic therapy...

So, on to the only reason you're here. Photos!

I love that this came out tooth-shaped!

Some of the glass comes with interesting "fracture" lines that darken during tumbling. 



There are so many shape, size, and color variations!


The peach glass reminds me of french lingerie. I have no idea why.

Green! There are so few green pieces...




Love that light blue/aqua coloring going on here.



My heart is torn between the green and royal blue pendants.


They're just so....

Awesome.




So, yes, that is what has been keeping me out of trouble lately! The pendants are all wrapped with nickel-plated wire, and will come with vegan suede in a choice of length & color, finished off with ribbon crimps and a lobster clasp. As is, the custom necklaces are $17.50 each. I am also offering the option of having the glass re-wrapped in sterling silver wire, for an additional fee. I know there are folks out there allergic to nickel, or who just might want a different look to the wire. 

Swing by the shop to check out the options!



1 comment:

  1. I love them all, but Royal Blue has to be my fave... well, it doesn't *have* to be, it just is! :) But blue has always been my fave color.

    However, photo 10, 12 and 13 are close second!
    Very nice. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete