Saturday, December 31, 2011

No End in Sight

There is still no convenient computer access on this end. My crashed laptop has been in a local repair shop for the past couple of weeks, with some valiant techs trying to salvage the data from the hard drive. My external backup drive? Toast. R's laptop? Well, working..ish, but, there's no spiffy photos on there. I think I have massive bad karma with windows-based PC's. 
The good news is we're going to the Mac side, and I anticipate having a spiffy new machine to brag about within the next couple of weeks. Despite the software learning curve, I am pretty excited about having a more reliable computer (can we say solid-state hard drive?!) AND lots more amazing jewelry to post pictures of. 

Unfortunately, several hundred photos may be lost on the old hard drive. A good friend and hobbyist photographer is retaking close up shots of jewelry, and we even managed the time for short photo shoot (with a live model!). More details and photos from that will be posted once the new Mac shows up. Woohoo! 

No comments:

Post a Comment