Friday, September 23, 2011

Hematite Earrings

I'm a huge fan of hematite. The color, the feel, that gorgeous polished look of silvery-black glinting off every piece. It's embarrassing that I haven't owned a single piece of hematite jewelry. Despite its resurgence in popularity, hematite was difficult to find and prohibitively expensive in my area.

Imagine my glee when I found some fantastic hematite "teeth" during a trip to Austin! They're about 1.25" long, perfect for using in necklaces and earrings alike. My wimpy earlobes can't take heavy earrings for long, so I'm always on the lookout for interesting, light weight materials. These beauties fit the bill nicely, and go so well with a variety of styles.




Looooovely. Lovely, and a little difficult to photograph. I'm still getting the hang of the whole photography thing. It's a process. Anyway, I adore the pair I made for myself so much that I had to share. The above photos are of the pair currently for sale on my etsy shop. Whislt editing this post, the earrings sold!! My first sale on etsy!! Those babies were up for less than a day, holy cow! It's exclamation city right now!!

You may have noticed, I'm a bit excitable at the moment. . . . .

Well, it seems that I'm not the only one with a fondness for hematite jewelry. I see heaps of hematite in my future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment