Friday, September 30, 2011

Quartz & Pearls

Just a couple of days after listing those gorgeous ice flake quartz earrings, they sold! There was much happy-dancing going on. Hoping for a repeat success, I just posted these beauties in my shop:



This time the quartz beads I used are a slightly darker shade than before, and topped with some really lovely white potato pearls. The pearls have such a fantastic luster to them, and it play so well off the shine and crackle of the quartz. Potato pearls are among my favorite shapes to work with, as each pearl has such a unique quality. It was quite a process to pick through the  pearls to find just the right ones to pair up for these earrings, but so worth it. 





The addition of the pearls definitely ups the "fancy pants" aesthetic. I can easily see these being worn out for a night on the town. Perhaps a dinner date? Swanky lunch meeting?  Some days, I just want to keep everything I make for myself....

No comments:

Post a Comment