Monday, August 22, 2011

Tassel goodness

The missing SD card has yet to be recovered, sadly. On the bright side, my wonderful fiance had an SD card stashed in an old camera, and I was able to start the process of taking photos again. Woo! So far I've managed to stage, photograph, and edit photos for two necklaces (it's a long process!)

About these two necklaces: they're pretty neat. I don't quite understand the craze with tassel necklaces, to be honest. Probably because the ones I've seen look exactly like the foofy things my great grandma had hanging from her curtain tie-backs. So, I played around with the idea on my own a bit and came up with a couple of different designs that I'm excited about. 


 Tassel for the ta-ta's! Wait, that's something else entirely.....



 Knock-out carnelians!


Forget diamonds, pearls are a gal's best friend. 


The necklaces above (available at my etsy shop) are made the same way. A series of loops strung on a large jump ring and attached to the main necklace chain. Great for having that tassel effect, without a longer chain to worry about getting caught in anything (which I do, all the time). I don't know about you, but I'm clumsy, and having too much dangling from my neck is a recipe for disaster. 

I love how they look a bit like modern art mixed with some classic design. Curved industrial wire speckled with gemstones and pearls. It's a lovely balance of modern style and traditional materials. I pretty much adore this style right now, and I have two more tassel necklaces (with more long tassely-goodness) in the works. More eye candy coming soon! 

Now go support fluffy dogs & a wedding dress, won't you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment